Share… to Mail in DT3 context menu

Scenario: I want to right click on a PDF document in DT3 and send it via e-mail.

In DT3 beta 1,when I right clicked on the document, it got selected and the context menu appeared containing the “Share…” option at the bottom. Click on “Mail” and a mail window opens with no attachment. Not how it should work, me thinks.

In DT3 beta2, when I right click on the document, it does not get selected, the context menu appears and does not contain “Share…”. Not how it should work, me thinks.

If I double click on the document in the list view, a viewer opens with a “Share…” icon on the top. Selecting “Mail” there works as it should. Albeit with a lot more clicking than strictly necessary.

Development would have to comment on this. Do note there is a built-in Send by Email in the contextual menu for files, also found at Data > Send By Email.

Is DEVONthink 3 allowed to automate Mail?

Yes, DT3 is allowed to automate Mail (if that means that it is activated in Mail’s “plugins” settings). I investigated a bit more and it looks like this with DT3 B3 and a OCR’ed PDF:
If I right click on the document in the upper list view, I get a context menu with the option “Send with e-mail” just below “show in Finder”.
If I right click on the document in the bottom view, I get a context menu with “Services” as the last entry, no “Share” option.
If I select the document first in the bottom view with a left click (i.e. it is now marked blue) and then right click, the last entry in the context menu is “Share”, right below “Services”.

I think it would be more consistent to include the Share option in the context menu along with “Services” without having to select the document first with a left click.