Sharing a database with my wife with different iCloud accounts

I guess it’s an old URL but it still works. I see now in their support pages they say to use fastmail.com instead of messagingengine.com (which I also use for their email server) so it’s nice know they have kept the old URLs available. I’ve been using Fastmail at least 15 years. They have a great service.

1 Like

I’ve been using Fastmail at least 15 years. They have a great service.

Good to know and good to have another WebDAV option people may be able to employ for their syncing needs. :slight_smile:

I use the WEBDAV of NextCloud for years and is working well too.

Nice!
Are you syncing on and off your betwirkV

Missing some text in your reply @BLUEFROG

hahaha! I think that’s when I had dropped my phone this morning. I will leave it for future enjoyment :wink:

Are you syncing to NextCloud on and off your network?

2 Likes

I have a 300GB hosted NextCloud at CSD CloudDiskSpace - NextCloud which includes maintenance and updates. And access to the server via DirecttAdmin.

Main reason is the GDPR obligation here in europe (I have corporate clients); it is hosted here in Amsterdam on a Dutch server under dutch laws. So no extra DPA’s etc needed.

For DevonThink I have set-up separate NC account with 10 encrypted databases (±30Gb) all syncing with my 2019MBP, 2019MP, iPhone and iPad through webdav.

1 Like

Nice!
Thanks for sharing your setup with those here. :slight_smile:

Can I assume that this is still not possible? My wife and I have separate icloud accounts. We would like to use icloud to sync the 4 devonthink databases that we share. I assume that you cannot create a shared folder in icloud and store the databases there for the purposes of syncing the devonthink datatbases?

Correct. That is still not possible. You should never put a DEVONthink database in any cloud-synced location.

Both of you would have to set up iCloud sync to their own accounts. Or simply choose another sync method: Bonjour, WebDAV or another cloud offering like Dropbox where you can use the same account for syncing only.

Syncing has, as has often times been explained here, nothing to do with “storing a database” somewhere.

1 Like