Shouldn't my DTTG3 trial have expired?

I was kind of expecting to be nagged to pay today, but I can’t find any way to do so.

Just realised it’s discussed here: DTTG 3 Change from trial to discounted upgrade - #7 by BLUEFROG

@eboehnisch would have to comment on this.

You will soon be nagged. However: there’s an issue that DEVONthink To Go doesn’t offer the price-discounted upgrade after the end of the free intro period — but should, of course. We have already submitted a bug fix release which is now waiting for the App Store review. Please accept our apologies for these inconveniences.

2 Likes

Will DTTG sync as normal while we wait for the fixed version?

:thinking:
Sync isn’t broken by anything in the current release.

1 Like

I know nothing is broken. I was just curious if my subscription would lapse until the update allows me to upgrade/subscribe. Sorry if I was not clear.

Yes, it will probably expire and the you’ll need to choose a one-time purchase or subscription. Sorry.

Just updated to 3.1.4 but:

Same. No way to upgrade/subscribe after the update.

Then just wait a day or kill DEVONthink To Go in the app switcher and relaunch it. Did it show the countdown reminders in the last few days?

I’ve tried killing and restarting the app but that didn’t help (first thing I tried yesterday) but no change, and no countdown either the day before expiry (before I updated) or now. It’s been less than 24hrs so I’ll try again tonight.

Thank you. We’ll keep an eye on this too. I got my purchase screen yesterday, exactly when it was supposed to pop up.

1 Like

I’d honestly have expected you to buy the app when it first became available! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well, I’m a Swabian after all :wink:

6 Likes

I killed the app and even rebooted the device. I get no indication or countdown at all.

We have found an issue with the upgrade options not yet appearing on some devices. We’ll have a new version ready by hopefully tomorrow and also extend the free intro period until end of August so it’s the same for everyone. Also, some people didn’t see the advance expiration warnings and we don’t want to catch anyone by surprise. So relax and enjoy another free month of DEVONthink To Go :gift:

10 Likes

Thanks. That is very nice. I will, of course, be subscribing as soon as possible.

1 Like

Thanks. Most of us will upgrade as soon as option appears. Not fair to you guys to keep on using for free.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for your kind words, @KRP and @iApple. Version 3.1.5 should have become available now in the App Store. Around the 10th of August you should receive the first expiration notification for the free intro period.

1 Like