Sidenote

OOOOhhh, you mean if I need the data to actually be useful! :wink:

I see. I was just using those linked files as temporary in-process 'to-do’s without thought of leaving them in that state. I planned to import once the transitory issues were locked down.

This is very good information that will probably cause me to spend even more time with DTP! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the clarification, Christian.

Christian, many thanks for the script! Works great. I have a hunch I’ll be using the index/synchronize feature a lot more now, so this will come in quite handy.

When you say ‘automatically’ synchronize, you mean when triggered, i.e., when I click on the folder with the script attached, open it, whatever, correct? Am I correct also that with v.1.1, or possibly 2.0, this will change and we’ll have genuine ‘automatic’ syncing?

Alexandria

There will be automatic synchronizing but I can’t promise it for v2.0 at the moment. Maybe, maybe not :wink:

Wow, that was a quick response. Okay, I won’t hold you to it for 2.0. But with so many goodies coming, it’s hard to be patient. :smiley:

Thanks again,

Alexandria

V1.1 will be the first major step towards v2.0 - the version history is already around 7 pages long :wink:

7 pages! Wow!!! :astonished: Very exciting!! (So now I REALLY can’t wait to see it!)

Alexandria

Well dude, you only have nine days! You’d better get to work instead of fiddling around with these forums! :smiley:

I’m surprised no one has mentioned this already (maybe in another thread?). Since Quicksilver (quicksilver.blacktree.com) can use the Services menu, when I want to add to dos or notes or whatever, I just hit CTRL-space (the default key combo to bring up QS), hit the period button which allows you to just input whatever text you want and then hit tab, d, enter - this selects the action pane and the action you want and executes [note: at first the “take plain note” option won’t be associated with just “d”…you might have to hit “d” and scroll to it in the list first, but as you do that more and more, it gets associated with it as the first option]. Under the Import menu in the pref pane you can select the default folder for all new imported notes and such–I just have a folder labeled !NBOX so that it stays at the top of the folder list. When I want to save links, it’s just a matter of highlighting the URL and hitting CMD - space - ( [or ) for highlighted text as a rich note]. Yes it’s an extra program, but then again I use Quicksilver constantly, so it’s open anyway. I wouldn’t mind the option of having a DT window, but right now QS is perfect because it doesn’t float anywhere and comes up in front of whatever screen your working in, and then disappears.

I’ve recently discovered I can do the same for Lookup, except after I type the text to look up, I hit tab, type “dev”, enter (because Lookup has been associated with “dev” in my QS] and I get the Search window on top already to go with my term.

As for naming schemes for notes, I use one I’ve developed out of the GTD method, so I preface all my text with something like @Research:, @Computer, @Question:, etc.

What I would be interested is this: if there was a way to create an applescript that allowed me to put input into the comments section as well as the name section at the same time, and then associate the applescript with QS (I don’t know if this second part is easily done?). So to describe more clearly what I mean, I would bring up QS, type in the text I want, but instead of putting @Question or whatever in front it would be maybe something like:

bring a bottle of wine to the party tonight::@Errands @Reminders @NA

where the text before the :: would go into the Name field, and the text after would go into the Comment field. Is this even possible with an applescript. No big deal if not. Right now I just collect all of my notes and regularly check and sort them with either the !NBOX folder or History window. I keep open a window of every working project I’m doing and a window for !NBOX, so this isn’t too hard.

sps

Great QS tip buckuxc! I didn’t know about the “.” key to input text into QS. This is going to come in very handy. Again, thanks!!