Sierra and pdfs

Since upgrading to Sierra several days ago, I’ve had intermittent problems with PDFs viewed thru DTPro. Often, in the three-pane view, they’ll appear as blank pages. Sometimes, after a long pause, the text will appear, other times not. Sometimes the text will be immediately visible on first view, but not second. And so forth. Doesn’t seem to matter how they were OCRed. This doesn’t seem typical of the other Sierra/PDF problems mentioned here, but maybe I’ve missed something. Assuming not, anyone know of a fix? Thanks.

Sierra or High Sierra? What version of DTPro?

If you’ve upgraded to Sierra, we suggest going the next step and going to High Sierra. Apple dealt with many of the PDFKit issues they created in Sierra.

Alternately, you can Select DEVONthink’s Help > Documentation > Appendix > Hidden preferences and click the On link under EnablePDFDrawing.

Sierra 10.12.6
DTPro 2.9.2

Sorry about the previous post; hit “submit” accidentally.

I’m running DTPro 2.9.2 and am unable to find EnablePDFDrawing in the list of Hidden Preferences. What am I missing?

You are running very out of date software. Please download a new installer from here and replace your current version: devontechnologies.com/redire … d=download

Do not run a third-party uninstaller. If your browser isn’t set to open safe downloaded files, just double-click the ZIP file to decompress it. Then double-click the disk image to open it, and drag and drop the application into the /Applications folder, allowing it to overwrite the old version when you’re prompted.
(There is no danger to your data when you do this. (1) Your data is not stored in the application, and (2) we would not give you instructions that would jeopardize your data.)

Hadn’t realized I’d gotten so out of date. Many thanks.