Simple Sync

Hi,
How is a simple sync between DevonThink Office and Devonthink To Go done?

I have files in the Devonthink Office Global inbox but it does not sync with DevonThink G…

The very best,
-BrianP

There is no singular answer as we support more than one sync method.

DEVONthink will not just start syncing your databases without your intervention. That would be very bad form indeed!

The easiest set up, if you want to use a remote sync option, would be iCloud. I have instructions here: Setting up iCloud sync

Hi,

Thank-you very much.

I set up the sync according to the article.

As you mention in the article, I need to be patient.

Where does the data go? Is the data synced to iCloud? What data is synced to DevonThink To Go software on the phone?

The sync option Menu bar: File->Sychronize is greyed out. It is supposed to be?

Your support is always appreciated.

The very best,
-BrianP

The sync data is stored locally in a location inaccessible to the User. iCloud uploads the sync data to Apple’s servers, then out to other devices logged into your Apple ID.

The DEVONthink databases you synced. You can’t sync a partial database. You do have an option of syncing metadata only and downloading contents on demand with the in-app purchase of the Pro Pack in DTTG.

If you have a database selected and it isn’t one you’ve got an active sync on.

You’re welcome.

Hi,

Thank-you.

Where and How do I select a database to sync?

The snapshot attached does not have any databases to select to sync.

The very best,
-BrianP

You need to select the sync location.

Hi,

I selected iCloud but then how do I select the database…the "Databases’ box is blank on the right-hand side.

-BrianP

Please post a screencapture of this.

Hi,

I sent the screenshot that has the iCloud ticked off in the locations area [a few threads earlier]. The location section is blank in the screenshot sent.

It would be great to have all a devonthink database synced to my phone.

The very best,
-BrianP

This is not what I requested. I said, “You need to SELECTthe sync location.”

Hi,

I uploaded a screenshot from what I understand that the ‘Sync Location’ has been selected.
Sync (#1) and Location (#2).

Please advise and thank you[for all your ongoing support.

The very best,
-BrianP

This is the sync location.

Hi,

I have this flagged but DEVONthink on my computer still does not sync with DEVONthink To Go on my phone.

I still don’t know how to get the data on DEVONthink on my computer to appear on DEVONthink on my iPhone.

It is fine if it cannot; I just thought that that is what the functionality of DEVONthink To Go was designed for.

The very best,
-BrianP

I’m not sure what this means. Please start a support ticket by holding Option and choosing Help > Report Bug in DEVONthink. Thanks!