Slight changes in Web Archive for Applescript...

Been trying out the 2.0 pb1 version of DTP Office. So far, so good for the most part. However, I have noticed what seems to be a small change in the way DTP handles old Applescripts for converting URLs or HTML pages to Web archives. There are two scripts that were written by others that I use for turning records into Web Archives. One is for Webnotehappy and the other is a DTP script called Convert to Webarchive. These scripts work in DTP 2.0 BUT they create HTML pages instead of Web Archives now. DTP 2.0 does not seem to be able to perform AI functions on these HTML pages. Pre DTP 2.0, an actual Web Archive would be created by these scripts which DTP immediately was able to perform its “See Also” magic on. Now I get nothing. So I think there was a change in the code for creating a WebArchive in DTP 2.0. Is this correct? How would I go about fixing this? Both scripts can be found at
devon-technologies.com/suppo … ripts.html

Thanks for any help! And keep up the great work DT! So nice to see 2.0 finally out in the world.

Keene

Try this:

tell application "DEVONthink Pro"
	set theSelection to the selection
	repeat with thisSelection in theSelection
		set theURL to the URL of thisSelection
		create web document from theURL
	end repeat
end tell

Thanks! Yes, this did the trick. Much appreciated.

Keene

To add a web archive to DT pro 1.5.4 from Safari, I used the Add web archive to DEVONthink script from the global scripts menu, when Safari was the front application. This script does not appear to work correctly in 2.0 pb1, as only the page name appears in DT, without the actual page content.

However, I found that using the Add web document to DEVONthink script whilst Safari is the front application, does successfully import the current Safari webpage as a web archive in 2.0 pb1.

David

Can we also get correct scripts for batch converting links and HTML pages to webarchives. I just noticed the same problem with these scripts.

thanks in advance

This script is not part of v2 anymore, just like “Add image to DEVONthink”. They’ve been combined to “Add web document to DEVONthink” which creates either a web archive, an image or a PDF document depening on what’s visible in the frontmost browser window.