Slow Folder Actions Import on Snow Leopard

Dear All,

When I’m browsing in Safari, I love to be able to save PDFs etc. to a folder with an attached folder action that imports to DTPO. I prefer to be prompted where to put stuff straight away, and thus my “Action Import.scpt” has the following

tell application id "com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2" to import thePath to incoming group

rather than the standard

tell application id "com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2" to import thePath

However, I’ve noticed that since upgrading to Snow Leopard that it takes some time for the nice little popup to appear with my database hierarchy, asking where I want to put the new file. This was really annoying me, so I began to look around and found this on the AppleScript release notes for 10.6*:

Does anyone know if there is a way around this or a better way of importing stuff that might help me here?

Many thanks,

Toby.

*http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/releasenotes/AppleScript/RN-AppleScript/RN-10_6/RN-10_6.html

There’s a better way in which to send files directly to the Global Inbox of DT Pro 2 or DT Pro Office 2:

1. Inspect a Finder window. Look under Places in the left column. If there’s a Place named ‘Inbox’, great. If not, look for a folder named ‘Inbox’ at ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/ and drag it into the Places area in the left column of a Finder window.

2. Now you can save files from almost any application directly into the Global Inbox.

If, for example, your browser is displaying a PDF file, Save As to Inbox will save the PDF in Global Inbox.

If the browser is displaying an HTML page, Save As to Inbox will save a WebArchive in Global Inbox.

You can save directly to Inbox from Word, Pages, Numbers, Excel and other applications that have the FIle > Save (and/or Save As) command.

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply. I used to have Inbox under Places, but this went when I upgraded (erase & reinstall) to Snow Leopard. I’ve now reinstated this thanks to your instructions.

However, this doesn’t pop up the nice box which allows me to select where to put something when directly importing it. Is it possible to get this to appear when saving to “Inbox”?

Best wishes,

Toby.

No.

Short and to the point! Thanks for replying and letting me know.