Slow Response of DT3 on my new M1Mac

I migrated DT3 from my 2011 MacBook Pro with 16 GB to an 2020 M1 MacBook Pro with also 16 GB and BigSur.
Quite often I the beach ball isspinning and spinning. This is annoying as I read that the M1 chip would have an excellent performance.
Are there users having the same problem?
Could I look for potential reasons and fix them?

How much memory does DEVONthink use according to the Activity Monitor.app?

I was just coming to look for answers to the same issue. I have the same problems. DT3 updates have progressively gotten slower on my M1 Mac mini. I can’t figure out the cause. Activity monitor shows <2GB of memory getting used. CPU usage remains low as well. I’ve got a 1GB network backbone, and direct ethernet connection for my mini. My sync options are both iCloud & local NAS. So I’m syncing to a local store and high speed network store.

But when any activity is occurring DT just bogs down to being virtually unresponsive. Reports database errors all the time as well. I’ve tried dropping connections from 16 to 8 to see if that helps, but so far it doesn’t. I’m constantly verifying the databases and watching the system attempt to sync even though nothing has changed in any of the files.

If anyone has any thoughts on what might be going on I’m all game to test ideas.

Hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.

Do you use iCloud (Legacy) or iCloud (CloudKit)? In addition, did you repair the database issues? And finally, do your databases contain any indexed cloud files/folders?