Smart Group to show recipient address of reminders

Hello,

I have searched in the message board and in the instructions, but I cannot find a solution for my issue:

I often tell DEVONthink to send me an email to my specified address when I want to be reminded. Lately, the address for this reminder when I choose "remind → warning “send email” has changed. I believe this happened because changed my contact card and split between work and private. Somehow DEVONthink takes my corporate mail address and not my private.

I fear that I have set some reminders to send to my corporate account. Now I have two questions:

1. Can I set a smart group to show all recipient mails with my corporate account? Or is there another way? I don’t want to have to check all my items for reminders.
  2. How do I change the standard to my provate address whenever I set a new reminder “warning email”? I cannot find this setting and I do not remember.

Thank you very much and best regards

Frederik

It’s only possible to search for items having a reminder (e.g. via a toolbar search for item:reminded), the options of the reminder’s actions like email address or messages are not indexed/searchable.

There’s no such setting, the default email address is just the first one returned by Contacts. How do you actually add reminders? One option might be to script this.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I will have to search manually then. At least this way I can sort by Due Date and only look through the upcoming reminders.

This logic I do not understand. How does DEVEONthink know which contact to take?
To set reminders I go to this contact bubble in my right panel, then I add a date “remind once”, add a date, set the “warning” to “send email” and then an address appears. This address I want to change.

Sorry, I have to translate the settings as my DEVONthink is in German.

There’s also a German language subforum here

Yes, I know. I believe it is better to ask in the “big forum” so more can profit from this solution. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The contact marked as your personal one in the Contacts.app is used. But this contact might have multiple email addresses, in that case the first one is used.

Thanks for the explanation. I will change this and then try again. Thanks again for the quick support, I really appreciate this!

OK, I checked my personal contact in Contacts.app and removed my work address from there. It works. As always great support! :slight_smile:

For those who have the same issue: You need to restart DEVONthink for it to work. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome, good to know it’s working as expected now.