Smart Rule not triggering

I have browsed through a few topics about smart rules not triggering but unfortunately none of them address the behavior I’m seeing. I am often adding new text files (indexing, not adding directly) to my database, and I am trying to use two types of simple smart rules to sort them into their proper place in DT.

One of the rules will catch / sort based on a string in the filename, while the other one will catch / sort based on a string in the content of the file. Here’s one that looks for a string in the content ("#string"):

Screen Shot 2021-05-04 at 6.39.53 PM

What’s strange is that this rule used to work fine; as soon as I created a new file and saved it with the string, the files would immediately get copied to the right folder. But now, although the files appear immediately in the Smart Rule pane itself, the replication action is not happening. This is just one example of various other ones, but I’m especially confused by this one because it used to work before… please let me know if I can provide any more information!

Is Article annotations located in the Research database? A screenshot of a rule showing all conditions and an example document would of course be ideal to check this.

Yes, Article annotations is in the Research database. Is there something further I should include in the screenshot I uploaded above? If it’s important to check an example document I am glad to do that but over PM. If you don’t mind I’ll send you a few screenshots.

Sure, PM is fine.

@cgrunenberg is welcome to correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that the next release will fix the behavior that I was experiencing.

It’s separate but perhaps it will help someone else looking down the road – one thing to keep in mind is that if there is a smart rule above other rules that has the “Cancel” action attached to it (such as the default “Filter Duplicates” rule) it may cause some issues with rules below.

I recently faced a “Smart Rule worked before but does not work anymore” incident too. It might not be related at all to your case but I’d like to provide my solution. It would only take a minute of your time to check if it works:

Save the not working Smart Rule again. I. e. change something in it (like adding Filename ends with xyz), save it, edit it again and remove the nonsensical addition, save it again. Then sync to trigger it.

The issue is actually not related and version 3.7.1 fixes it