Smart Rule to move email from inbox doesn't seem to work in DT 3 beta 7

I created a smart rule to move emails with a certain subject “Google Alert” that have been moved from Apple Mail to the Global Inbox. I want them to be moved to a Reading List in a Database called Research. It seemed to work once or twice and now when I apply rule the items are still visible in Global Inbox ? Also two ppt that should be moved with another smart rule are still sitting in the Global Inbox.

Any suggestions ?

I want them to be moved to a Reading List in a Database called Research.

Note there is no Reading List per database. There is only one global Reading List.

It seemed to work once or twice and now when I apply rule the items are still visible in Global Inbox ?

Adding items to the Reading List doesn’t move them from their locations.

Please post a screencap of the smart rule.

Hi, not too the Reading List location or filter but to a Group I called Reading List in my database called Research

Thanks!
What version of DEVONthink are you running?

DT Pro 3.0 Beta7

I also realized I was pointing to the Reading List with DT I have changed that to add tags to document

• Are these items already in the Reading List group in your database?
  • Are these newly imported and left behind or were they there before you created or finalized the smart rule?

They are not in my Reading List Group in the database
These are newly imported and I Apply Rule and nothing seems to happen

Hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.
Thanks!

How do you exactly import the emails?

Applescript for Apple Mail and create a Rule in Preferences

By default scripts don’t trigger smart rules in DEVONthink 3 as the results of scripts should be predictable. One workaround might be to perform the smart rule e.g. hourly.

Thank you. That is how the rule is put together. The problem is even when the Rule supposedly runs, nothing happens. The file is not moved to the group I have pointed it to. I do see a message in the log say UUID already exists in database. Is this due to the fact that the email title is identical ?

Is this a customized script? It’s possible that an email with exactly the same message ID exists already in the destination database.

No it is the applescript installed with Devonthink. But each message is unique in content but the title is the same. The Rule worked fine for the first few days but just seems to have stopped

Title & content don’t matter, only the message ID. But sometimes buggy email clients/servers send emails with identical message IDs. If you export & zip some of these emails and send the archive to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com, then I’ll check this.