[SOLVED] Exporting a database and then indexing it's folder

I then compared the folder from the original and exported database and found this:

(base) tja@mini:~$ diff 1 2 | grep -v DEVONtech_storage | grep -E '^> ’ | sed ‘s/> //g’ | grep -v “.DS_Store”
APP_FOLDER_SHARED/PDF/E61027.pdf
APP_FOLDER_SHARED/PDF/Oracle Solaris 11.4 CC Guide_1.3.pdf
DOCUMENTS/MANUALS/MacOS/Surge.webloc
WORK/Security/Dynamic Port Forwarding (SSH).webarchive
WORK/Security/FAQ IT Security Standard IAM V 1.0-1.pdf
WORK/Security/IT Security Standard Identity and Access Management_FINAL-1.pdf
WORK/Security/Identity and Access Management Minimum Standard v1 1-1.pdf
WORK/Security/Local Port Forwarding (SSH).webarchive
WORK/Security/Netcat.webarchive
WORK/Security/Port Redirection with Rinetd.webarchive
WORK/Security/Remote Port Forwarding (SSH).webarchive
WORK/Security/STIGQter- STIG Details- Solaris 11 SPARC Security Technical Implementation Guide Version- 2 Release- 3 Benchmark Date- 23 Apr 2021.webloc
WORK/Security/iOS_Security_Guide.pdf
WORK/Security/pWnOS 2.0.webarchive

So, the exported database has files, where the original did not.

I checked those in APP_FOLDER_SHARED/PDF and found that the orignal database has 2 replicated items.

So, there is no real file for them.

But that means, that replicated files get lost when exporting!
In the sense of, their replicated state get’s lost.

Any way to fix this?

Now I am searching a way to find all replicants within DT, just to make sure that them and the above list are equal.

OK, some of the files are replicants, that did created as new files instead of staying replicants.

Is there a way to fix this for export?
Otherwise, people better not export their databases when they have replicats.

The other point is, that the export did rename files!

Original:

(base) tja@mini:~$ \ls -lrt /Volumes/CRYPTOMATOR_ONEDRIVE/DOCUMENTS/MANUALS/MacOS/
total 9224
-rw-r--r--  1 tja  staff      297 Apr 19 00:56 https---surge-synthesizer.github.io--assets-Surge-20XT-20User-20Manual.pdf.webloc
-rw-r--r--  1 tja  staff  4702348 Apr 19 00:56 Surge XT User Manual.pdf
-rw-r--r--  1 tja  staff      285 Apr 19 00:57 LABS — Free Virtual Instruments.webloc
-rw-r--r--  1 tja  staff      265 Apr 19 00:57 Tokyo Dawn Labs.webloc
-rw-r--r--  1 tja  staff      254 Apr 19 00:57 VST Plugins, Synth Presets, Effects, Virtual Instruments, Music.webloc

The exported folder:

(base) tja@mini:~$ \ls -lrt ~/DT_MAIN/CRYPTOMATOR_ONEDRIVE/DOCUMENTS/MANUALS/MacOS/ | grep -v DEVONtech_storage
total 9232
-rw-r--r--  1 tja  staff      297 Apr 19 00:56 Surge.webloc
-rw-r--r--  1 tja  staff  4702348 Apr 19 00:56 Surge XT User Manual.pdf
-rw-r--r--  1 tja  staff      285 Apr 19 00:57 LABS — Free Virtual Instruments.webloc
-rw-r--r--  1 tja  staff      265 Apr 19 00:57 Tokyo Dawn Labs.webloc
-rw-r--r--  1 tja  staff      254 Apr 19 00:57 VST Plugins, Synth Presets, Effects, Virtual Instruments, Music.webloc

So, the longer URL as filename got shortened to surge.webloc!
This is a bummer!

P.S. I still could not find a way to list all replicants within a database.

Found it, search for “item:replicated”

A replicated file is something like a link. So expiring replicants as regular files seems reasonable since the target file system might not support links, and even if it does, is not clear if you’d prefer you or hard ones.

Unrelated: i find it quite tedious to follow your every step in your experimentations detailed out in the forum. Maybe you could consider to post a single text after your trials with some concise (!) description of the issues you found?

3 Likes

Yes, you are right.

What I try takes time, and while waiting, I was posting - which was not a good idea.
Sorry for that!

I have the impression, that the situation changed after time - even after the messages in box disappeared.
Right now, I see 5 videos again in the exported database!

So maybe all of that was just because the database is the largest of my databases and DT still does “something” even after stopping notifications.

It should better always indicate wether it is doing something or not.

I will only write again, if I can find something of substance!

P.S.
I manually checked for a new DT version and upgraded - DT did not notify me!
But it the same earlier … strange