Sorter and Window Resizing?

Is it my imagination or is the sorter interfering with window resizing in Lion? I have the sorter at the bottom of the screen (dock on the side), and when a window spans the full screen top to bottom, I can’t seem to grab the bottom corner of window to resize it (perhaps only when it’s close to the sorter, but not under it). This seems to be happening in BBEdit, which still only resizes from the bottom-right corner. If I move the sorter to the size or quit it entirely, the problem goes away. It’s strange, but maybe there’s something specific to my system.

Doug

Hi Doug

Just tried it, and this does appear to be the case. Other mouse events are being passed through ok but the resize is not.
Thanks will take a look.
Alan

Hi Doug

If the bottom of the window you are trying to resize is below the top of the dock, resizing by that corner does not appear to work in Lion. This is regardless of wether the Sorter is running or not. Could this be the same issue as you are seeing?

Thanks
Alan

Alan,

Just got your msg (not getting email notifications for the forum lately). Anyway, no, this isn’t the issue. I have the dock on the side.

Doug