Sorter closes when I try to remove a group

I’m not sure why this is happening, but since updating to v2.3, the groups in the sorter went to the light folder color and I cannot remove them. When I try, the sorter shuts itself down and I must reopen. Before the update, the folders were blue and I was able to add and remove groups to the sorter as needed.

Testing it out, I added a folder to the one empty spot that was left in the sorter. It got a blue folder and I can add/remove groups in that spot, but not the others.

Was this permanence intentional? If not, how can I fix it so I can go back to customizing sorter groups for each project?

I’m on OS 10.6.8, if that matters.

Thanks!

UPDATE:

The sorter magically works again. No clue why, the only change is the battery drained today, but I had restarted the computer multiple times with no progress. Presto, magico, I guess.

I have a similar problem. When I right click on a group folder and select “Remove Group,” Sorter shuts itself down most of the time.

And I have a temporary solution until this issue is fixed, It’s far from being perfect but it works when I need some space in Sorter.

I go “Users//Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Sorter” folder and…

Delete the file named Default.sorter and run Sorter again. This action enforces Sorter to start with an empty space.

I’m on 10.6.8 by the way.

Thanks for the feedback, this will be fixed by the upcoming version 2.3.2.