Sorter issue after installation of most recent release

iMac OS Mojave 10.14.6, DT3 3.9 Safari 14.1.2
(To log in to this Community board I am having to use Firefox.)

Having installed the latest release, I am experiencing a problem with the sorter: whilst the sorter displays the content, the Add won’t (save). So the only way I can get Add to work is to hide the sorter and re-open; after that, Add works ok.

I cannot upgrade the OS because I have two otherwise incompatible apps in daily use.

Could you send a copy of the console.log file to me. The easiest way to do this is in DEVONthink select the Help menu and whilst pressing the Option key select "Report Bug ". If you could add somewhere in the email “for the attention of Alan” that would be great.

Same issue - for me, only happens when I paste into the open sorter box and then try to save. Workaround is as described, so annoying but not fatal.

And are you also on macOS Mojave?

No, Ventura 13.2.1, and I only noticed the issue when I updated the OS.

Jim - here’s a screenshot just to illustrate; the ADD button will light up if I close the sorter then re-open (just as the original poster suggetsed).

Thanks for the screen capture and clarification!
Do you see the same behavior if you use the Sorter as a docked tab?

Interesting - bingo - no, as a docked tab the behavior is as expected; reverting back to menu extra mode continues the aberrant behavior. Good call!

1 Like

Hi Jim

FWIW I have the same issue since the last upgrade (MacBook Air M1 2020, masOS Ventura 13.0, DT 3.9).

It’s not an urgent issue - switching to using the sorter as a dock tab works fine (I’ve just been used to using it as a menu extra). :slightly_smiling_face:

I use only the dock tab for the sorter.

Having just tried to use it from the menu the same problem

I have added a fix for this issue and it will be included in the next update.

1 Like

Thanks for the follow-up!

Note the current version of macOS Ventura is 13.2.1. We recommend you stay current with the operating system and our point releases.

We appreciate you checking this out!

Noted, thank you.

Same or similar problem when using the share function from Agenda into DT. It seems to pop up the sorter window (not tab or menu extra), no matter the preference in DT. I can use it once, but then every subsequent time until I restart DT the Save option is unavailable.

Is your software up to date?

fortunately, in my case, the content of the sorter is ‘saved’ even though Add doesn’t work as it should, meaning that when on the second attempt Add does work the content remains as is.

I am having the same problem. See screen attached. If I Control-Option-N again, the second time, the Add button is visible to Add.

M1 MacBook Air
macOS Monterey 12.6.3
DEVONthink 3 version 3.9

Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 7.15.09 AM

Yes, everything updated to latest version

Experimenting, I have noticed something that might assist in remedying the problem.

When the sorter is hidden before it is opened, ADD is greyed out. On opening enter some text and ADD is still greyed out. Hide the sorter, open it again and ADD works.

So the problem might be in the sorter movement. - which would explain why the issue occurs regardless of the OS.