Sorter Notes - paste copied text as unformatted

Hope I’m asking this in the correct forum, but when I copy some text from a web page and paste it into a Sorter note, it appears with a translucent cover over the copied text. Is there a way to paste copied text into a Sorter note as unformatted text? Thanks.
Screen Grab 2017-02-01 at 7.32.48 PM.png

The copy command in OS X puts formatted text on the pasteboard, which can look unattractive in Sorter, as you see. If you choose the Plain Text Format then the note will be added to DEVONthink as that. This will not eliminate the appearance when pasting, but will import without the formatting.

The standard OS X shortcut to paste as plain text is shift-option-command-v ⇧⌥⌘v – unfortunately there seems to be a bug in Sorter where the text is not pasted (at least, not for me - YMMV). If it is also not working for you, then you could use Keyboard Maestro, or TextExpander, or Typinator to make a macro to paste plain text for you. I happen to use Copied, which has options for this.

Or, you could use DEVONthink’s Tools > Take Note feature. the ⇧⌥⌘v shortcut does work there.

Thanks, korm, for taking the time to help me out.

I should have made it clearer in my question, I did use the standard OS X shortcut to paste as plain text, but like you, evidently, it doesn’t work as intended when pasting formatted text into a Sorter note. Hopefully, that’ll be fixed in an updated version of DTP.

I also knew that I could use DEVONthink’s Tools > Take Note feature and use the standard OS X shortcut to paste as plain text, but you have to have DT open in order to do that. My interest in this matter, however, is to use the Sorter without having DT open.

I like your ideas about using Keyboard Maestro, TextExpander, Typinator or Copied to paste plain text. I was aware of the first three of these apps (but hadn’t thought about using them), but did not know about Copied–which looks like it would work well for my needs as I’ve just now checked it out.

Thanks again, korm, I appreciate your help.

The Sorter will be fixed for the next update to match the behaviour of the Take Note window.

Great, thanks for paying attention to this!