Spotlight On or Off?

Hey there,

Just was curious if anyone has turned Spotlight off after installing this? I have both of them on but I’m not sure why I’d need to use Spotlight much after having DevonSphere. Although, the fact is that I don’t search for much stuff on my Mac anyway. I use Alfred as a launcher and I almost never search for things because I basically know where almost everything is which I use on a daily basis.

Just wondering what other people are doing so far with DevonSphere and if you’re turning Spotlight off because you find DevonSphere a replacement for it or not?

Spotlight was almost always disabled over here, right row I’m using it only for testing and to search in Apple Mail. Especially as the most important/interesting documents are of course :slight_smile: stored in DEVONthink and as everything else is quite organised too.

Typically I’m using DEVONsphere Express to…

• search for similar documents/emails not (!) stored in DEVONthink
  • search for similar websites but only if I’m not using DEVONagent Pro at that moment as DEVONagent Pro’s See Also drawer provides that functionality too
  • search for documents/emails using advanced operators/wildcards, e.g. if a search without them returns too few/many results

Thanks for the reply. I’m going to try turning it off next week and see if it works for me. :slight_smile:

It seems to me that Spotlight is probably redundant for the way I work but how do you turn it off? I have had a look in system preferences but can’t find a way.

Cheers.

How to turn Spotlight off and on:

mikesel.info/disable-spotlight/

Also, if you want to turn off the hotkey, just uncheck the two things at the bottom of the System Preferences > Spotlight window. :slight_smile:

Thanks for this, thats done it fine.
Cheers

You’re welcome! :slight_smile: