Status of DTTG on iOS 14?

No promises but: What i(Pad)OS 14 feature would you want to see first in DEVONthink To Go?

1 Like

My willings:

• Handwriting support. Full for all.
  • A Widget to show global inbox items ordered from new to old.
  • Edit: support for night theme.

And this is not iOS 14, but full ePub support: annotate (perhaps saving in a side file), font selection/size, margin size, current section position of total in section, sync ePub reading position…

I will be the happiest nerd in the world!!!

2 Likes

In file search for .webarchive, .md, anything text format.
Currently only .pdf file have the feature.

That’s the main reason I bought DTTG, I only save .webarchive :frowning:

And maybe what everyone else also want, like better ebook handling, read progress sync… etc

Smart Groups :star_struck:

2 Likes

Eric asked specifically for iOS 14 features :slight_smile: The common requests are more or less all known.

apologies

I always appreciate your reminders about betas :smile:

At least someone appreciates me :cry:
… I think :wink: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Depends on whether or not I’m the target of the reminder :smirk:

There’s a beta?

Very interesting. I’m wondering when I can use DTTG - the search feature is just useless, as I can’t even sort the results by date. I’ve my mails synched over to DTTG, but searching insists on “relevance” (unfortunately also on the desktop version, but at least there I can click twice to get it reverse sorted by time).

@eMaX, the next version won’t have sorting of search results but focuses on other long-requested features. But it’s noted.

Would be really great. As really, simply an option would be helpful to specify the default sort order.

Right now, I’ve like 500k Mails in DDTG, and when I search for something, I’ve no chance, as it is always ordered the wrong way. I typically search for the most recent mails on something, and that’s impossible to find with DDTG.

Been slowly watching my email notifications on replies and some thoughts and ideas on suggestions bubbled:

Greatly enhanced viewing/sorting/filtering options for the iPad DTTG! 3 Pane view on the iPad would be incredible.

The native Files app already has this so its definitely viable and a good screen for this functionality, makes navigating hierarchal folders significantly better. This is a screenshot of 3 pane view in files. 3 pane inside the devonthink to go app itself would be insanely awesome.

Honestly, the more views the better - its about giving users as much power to visualise their files in as many different ways - it often reveals new relationships! inspector pane, see also/classify would impress the whole world.

as an aside, this proposed 3 pane view could also be enabled on iPhone by use of the gyroscope, when the phone is held in landscape, which the native Files app already makes use of to re-orientate (but doesn’t offer 3 pane). in this aspect DTTG can transform even your handheld smartphone into a POWERHOUSE BEAST of information management even when you’re ON PUBLIC TRANSPORT. see screenshot of Native iOS files iPhone and how the width can be better utilised for 3 pane - in this respect DTTG can EXCEED the native app in viewing schema.

BTW I am really enjoying using both DEVONthink Pro Office and DEVONthink TO GO. I use both extremely often and I must add that I do not forsee my use of DTTG as an adjunct to DTPO, I see it as an extension and, should similar featureset arrive, as equals in usage! Devonthink products are my primary file, information and document managing system - the only reason I use the native files app is to import into DT or navigate inside DT folders to use open-in-place.

With the upcoming MacOS refresh I expect there will be a lot of work at DEVONtech deciding the future of DEVONthink across both of these platforms, the iPad Pro and the upcoming ARM Macbooks and expect to see a lot of the existing PRO functionality of Devonthink Pro Office come to the iPad (probably via a separate, paid app - or as part of DTPO bundle), without selling short the Mac platform, and see changes to the Mac layout to match a universal User Interface language across all three devices (iPhone, iPad, MacBook). The cream-of-the-crop would be to somehow forsee how DEVONtech could deliver even more benefit or tangible power to the user by a Apple Watch app (though I’m not exactly sure, maybe for on-the-go text markdown files, or searching databases using voice queries and air-dropping DTTG Item URL links across devices, and possibly with EXPORT/IMPORT buttons on the watch (no editing of files))

This:

1 Like

Exactly this and:

The ability to have more than one instance of the app open. Just likes the native Files. If I want to browse DTGO to view many files and I’m working from each at once, I prefer to have many instances open and use multitasking to switch between windows, instead of the terrible alternative: long press back to the home DDTG menu, search the desired file, view, go back and open again the previous file.

1 Like

I just want a new DTTG update. Been way too long without a proper update fixing existing problems. Release an update ASAP and then cater for iOS 14 features in subsequent mini releases.

1 Like

We do not just issue updates willy-nilly, in any of our applications. If you ever read the release notes, you will see we add, improve, and fix many things.

2 Likes

Where did I imply that? Please read carefully what I typed

You said “Release an update ASAP”. Generally the acronym ASAP is accepted as meaning “now”.
I was commenting on that as we don’t just put out releases until they’re ready.

Every update has had whole bunch of fixes of existing problems. What problems are you referring to specifically?