Sub Groups under Replicated Groups

I have the option for replicated files/groups to be show in red italics. However, when I replicate a group, the groups within that group are not marked in red italics. Are sub groups also replicated or something else?

Group names display in red as expected here.

This is what I see:
The group that I made a replicant is show in red italics, but the group inside that group is not in red italics.
Screen Shot 2019-12-11 at 19.41.07

I assume it is also a replicant, but is it?

Replicants are items having multiple parents. The replicated group has multiple parents but the subgroup still has only one parent.

I understand (I think) the parent-child relationship in general, but I don’t understand it here. Are you saying the parent group is replicated but the subgroup isn’t? :confused:

Are you saying the parent group is replicated but the subgroup isn’t?

No, that is incorrect. Replicants’ contents are also replicated.

Look at this example…
Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 10.37.55 AM

• The file has had its name changed and it affects both instances, as expected.
  • The replicated Parent group has two different parents: (1) the root of the database in this case, and (2) the New Group group that contains a replicant of the group.
  • However, the parentage of the replicated Child group hasn’t changed. Both instances still only have the Parent group as a parent.

Thanks for the clarification, Jim. Rereading what @cgrunenberg said and your post above, I believe I understand it now, but I still find it a little confusing on how it’s displayed.

When I search for the parent group, DT3 returns both replicated groups:
Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 09.40.36

But when I search for the subgroup, it only returns one:
Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 09.40.54
Along with no indication it’s actually replicated.

I understand that the child isn’t replicated but the parent is, although the child is also replicated because of the parent. Perhaps it deserves a different kind of marking to distinguish it?

Screen Shot 2019-12-12 at 09.40.36

Those can’t be replicants, at least not of each other _(if that’s what you’re thinking they are)_as they have different names.

Sorry for the confusion, I didn’t mean to imply they were the same. Those are the two test groups I was using. I was trying to determine whether DT3 will always show me the replicant from the original location, which it seems to do (suggesting there’s metadata that points to where the original file was before replication - this may only be new to me :slightly_smiling_face:).

It would be nice to have some kind of marking for the subgroup replicants in these cases, however.

Yes it shows the location of the first instance, and Development will have to assess the request, but it’s noted.