Substitute mail script?

Using DT office.
I am using the mail script regularly (from ipad, iphone, etc).

I want to start using dropbox to sync databases so that I can take it with me (yes I understand potential risks, which is one of the reasons for this post).

I can easily quit DT on desktop before I leave town with my laptop, but if I send an email to DT (on my desktop) which runs the mail script rule, then it will open DT, which could pose a problem if my other database is open.

I searched to see if I could just script the sorter so that it did not open DT but it does not appear that I can. If I can please let me know.

So I was wondering, is there a way to either:

1. Only run the script if DT is open?
  2. Have an alternate action if closed (although not sure what that would be).
  3. Script the sorter?
  4. Can one script mail to turn off a rule? Or stop checking just one acct (I use a dedicated google acct for DT), at least this way, if I forget I can always use a rule to mail myself to ensure that acct is not checked, or rule is not run.

I assume I can write a script to close DT if I leave and forget to close it, and I suppose I can write a script to quit mail, which could work. But I also use mail to send things to omnifocus which would be problematic if I quit mail. I could run either script on the laptop, but then of course I would worry that I forget to turn that off when I return and have same problem. Of course better run the DT script before the mail script!!!

Any thoughts? (Other than wait for the sync version of DT which I have read has “taken a little longer than everyone had hoped”, also other than “just dont use the mail rule while traveling, as there is a reasonable probablity that I just do it out of habit, as it is part of the workflow.”

I guess I could turn off the rule, or stop checking that box before I leave town, but that feels harder to administer.

Thanks in advance.

That’s not possible but the script could initially check whether DEVONthink Pro (Office) is actually running:

tell application "System Events"
	if exists (first application process whose bundle identifier is "com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2") then
		-- Insert code of old rule script here
	end if
end tell