Switching between files in "Quick Look"

Menu File > Add to Sidebar

Of course only Apple knows the answer (at best). There is a menu item though—and a shortcut (CTRL-CMD-T) too—just not in the context menu. While removing a folder from the sidebar is possible by context menu … well …

1 Like

It’s Menu / File / Add To / Favorites at me.
And it adds a DT folder to the Favorites of DT but NOT to the Finder - and esp. not within the file system:

But this does not seem to be accessable in the file system for other Apps, like a terminal session.
At least, I cannot find it there.
Cryptomator does something similar, but offers regular access over the file system, visible as mounted Volume.

The above method is only a virtual entry, but does not offer file system access.

I think that we have a misunderstanding, because I misused the name “Favorites”.

I meant access to any other application, as I wanted to offer access to DT content in the file system - i used “Favorites” wrong, because the Global Inbox could be added to the Favorites and I thought that this meant the folder to be accessable in the file system, like for Cryptomator:

mini:~ tja$ mount | grep Crypto
Cryptomator@macfuse0 on /Volumes/CRYPTOMATOR_ONEDRIVE (macfuse, nodev, nosuid, synchronous, mounted by tja)

So, the content is accessible in /Volumes/CRYPTOMATOR_ONEDRIVE

I missunderstood the option to add the DT Global Inbox to the Favorites as doing something similar.

Sorry for the confusion

This

refers to the Finder, doesn’t it?

Finder menu File > Add to Sidebar

We still seem to misunderstand.

I meant accessing DT content in the file system, which i thought that adding a Favorite would also give.

Like in my Cryptomator example:

mini:~ tja$ cd /Volumes/CRYPTOMATOR_ONEDRIVE/
mini:CRYPTOMATOR_ONEDRIVE tja$ ls
total 480
-rwxr-xr-x 1 tja staff 1570 Oct 3 2018 THEMES.txt*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 tja staff 55 Dec 11 21:37 TESTFILE_2*
drwxr-xr-x 1 tja staff 96 Jan 29 18:58 ARCHIVES/
drwxr-xr-x 1 tja staff 160 Mar 24 23:06 BACKUPS/
<…>

Access for all other Apps!

That’s possible with indexed folders:

But you can’t access non indexed, i.e. imported, DEVONthink contents from Finder.

This has already been explained in the thread you linked.

Not sure why you think all other users and DEVONthink staff didn’t mention a way to do it if it were possible.

1 Like

Yes, and this is what I try to explain again and again.

I meant access to DT content, really imported content!
NOT indexed content, as this is - total logically - automatically available in the Finder and the file system!

And again, this was a misunderstanding!

I thought that this would be possible with the Global Inbox, when added to the Finder Favorites and had the hope, that this way I could access all of the content in the Global Inbox.