sync between DEVONthink and DEVONTHINK To Go not working

This is my Mobile Sync for my “Products” database;

THis is how it now syncs to DDTG;

The folder and subfolder structure are synced across perfectly - but ALL the folders have NO files in them.

Instead, ALL the files are shown at the top level in one very long list…

At the Global Inbox level - the sync has added in some Tags - which should not be there at all;

I have tried Verify/Repair, Optimize, and eventually Rebuild - but none made any difference. Deleted, rebooted reinstalled DTTG etc - but no success.

The sync used to work just fine - maybe 18 months or more with no glitches till now.

I use the iPad for mobile sales - so it really is a problem. Any ideas on this?

Thanks,
Peter

I just installed DT 2.5.1. It works again! Thank you for the quick response.

The 2.5.1 fix did NOT work for me. It did get me as far as the sync loading bar, but then it stalled. When I cancelled the sync and tried again, I was back to square one, I.e. it gave me a bonjour error message and said there was a computer connection problem. Any suggestions?

I should add that it won’t let me reset sync settings either, which also occurred when I first encountered the problem after updating to 2.5.0.

I would reboot both devices and attempt to reset DTTG after loading it.

Thanks, Bluefrog, for the quick response. I did as you suggested, and repaired permissions on my desktop as an added precaution. I then reset my sync settings. After a bit of tinkering, the sync worked as it used to. All is now well.

Glad to hear it. I’ve we’ve said before… machines, mobile and otherwise, don’t get rebooted often enough. It’s never a bad idea after an upgrade to software. It doesn’t hurt anything. Wave a great weekend. 8^)

Very glad to have this working properly again.

There was nearly a very grumpy post from me last week, but then I saw you were working on it.

Syncing from DTP to DTTG is so much part of how I work now that it was incredibly frustrating to find it not working.

I am having the same problem as peter999 for the past week. After syncing, files are not showing up in their folders and rather are all in the root folder. I’ve also tried almost everything I could try - verify/repair, deleted and resynced the database, uninstalled and installed the app, synced from a different computer, updated to 2.5.1 and rebooted both devices, and etc, but in vein. Anyone else experiencing the same issue, or have any suggestions as to what might help resolving this problem? Thanks!

Speaking only from experience with my setup, the problem is with anything that is replicated (groups and documents). If you replicate an entire group of documents, they will appear out of their respective folders/groups in DEVONthink to Go. If you replicate documents to a group in DEVONthink, they will appear out of their respective folders/groups in DEVONthink to Go. If you create groups in the DEVONthink sync group, then move or duplicate documents into these groups, then the documents will appear in their respective folders/groups in DEVONthink to Go. Hardly a satisfactory fix, but that’s how to overcome it today if you must have your documents appear in groups in DEVONthink to Go. Personally, I’m duplicating the documents that I need for reference material in DEVONthink to Go and moving everything else out to an indexed Dropbox folder. Then I’ll work with those iOS documents with GoodReader.

Unfortunately, after a weekend of trial and tribulation, I can say I spoke way too soon when I wrote earlier that 2.5.1 fixed sync problems with DTTG. True, before the so-called fix, I couldn’t get 2.5.0 to sync at all, but now there are a range of problems large and small, not the least of which is that even a singe change in one of my my desktop databases takes as long to sync to my IOS devices as it used to take to sync an entire DB for the first time. Is there any way to step back from the 2.5.0(1) updates until Devonthink gets this situation straightened out?

2.5.1 syncs with iOS just fine. Thank you DEVON Tech!

Everything is fine over here as well.

I ran into the problem with the replicates as well.

Easy solution: move the entire folder-structure of the respective data base into the Mobile Sync folder.

No more problems … :slight_smile: