Sync between different version of devonthink?

hello,
is it possible to sync between two different version od DT?
id: on one computer I have DT 3.6 and on another one I am forced to stay with DT 2.9… if I choose to sync via iCloud legacy is that possible?

Thanks

DEVONthink 2.9.x is very out of date. At a minimum, you should be running the last version of the 2.x line: 2.11.3.

I own DT3 of course but I cannot download DT 2.11, not from the site…

anyway… with DT 2.11 will it be possible?

DEVONthink 2.11.3 is available in our Legacy Downloads.

And yes, it is possible to sync the iCloud (Legacy) to iCloud in 2.x. They are the same mechanism.

But synchronizing DEVONthink 3 with DEVONthink versions older than 2.11.3 is highly discouraged, DEVONthink 3 specific data might be lost otherwise.

my problem is that I have a license for DT3 not for any legacy version…

The license can be also used in DEVONthink 2.11.3.

Thanks,
would you be so kind to tell me where to download the handbook for that version?

I sent you a private message with a temporary link to the manual.

thanks!

You’re welcome.

sorry to bother you…
I own an old iPad that cannot install the last iOs and therefore the new DTTG (which I use on my iPhone…); would it be possible to use the previous DTTG version to sync to the same DT Inbox in iCloud?
Thanks

No worries and no bother. It’s why we’re here. :slight_smile:

Yes, it’s technicaly possible to use an existing sync location, provided it’s not CloudKit you’re using to sync the other devices.

That being said, DEVONthink To Go is out of development and fixes will not be made if you do run into trouble with it.

of course you mean DTTG prior to 3…

Ahh, yes… DEVONthink To Go 2.