Sync discrepancy between new DTTG and DT3 installations?

Situation: DT3 as Bonjour server, iOS device with DTTG.

I recently reset macOS and installed a completely new version of Catalina. I created backups of my databases and copied those over to a new installation of DT3.

I checked the number of files in the databases and the count was as expected. I then setup a new Bonjour password on DT3 and enabled Bonjour local sync. I installed DTTG after a new iOS 13.3 installation and selected the macOS Bonjour sync.

There was an additional iOS device with the original DTTG present in the network, but without the new Bonjour password.

I noticed two things:

• The macOS hostname was a previously used hostname, completely different from the new hostname, there was only one DT3 instance running in the network. How is this possible? Is that hostname stored in iCloud?
  • The number of files in DTTG was two less than the macOS version, how is this possible? The original iOS DTTG also reports the correct number.

The macOS hostname was a previously used hostname , completely different from the new hostname, there was only one DT3 instance running in the network. How is this possible? Is that hostname stored in iCloud?[/quote]

I’ve managed to find out the hostname is stored in my router somewhere, as another app also assigns the old hostname

The number of files in DTTG was two less than the macOS version, how is this possible? The original iOS DTTG also reports the correct number.

I’m still not sure how I can check which two files are “missing” in DTTG, anyone? @BLUEFROG perhaps?

For those who might read this topic in the future, just before submitting a support request I reinstalled everything (macOS, DT and iOS) once more and synced again.

This time no files seem MIA. as the file count on the original database and the synced database in DTTG are now similar. I still don’t understand what happened, but consider it trivial enough to leave it at that.