Sync DT Pro 3 with To go on iPad: encryption keys not the same

Why sync is so hard between DT and DTTG?

I use both Mac OS and iOS. This is what I did

I first go to Preference >> Sync in DT on my mac and enable the iCloud location. I set the password and choose some databases to sync. And when I go back to the main window of DT, the lower-left corner indicates it is uploading items. A few minutes later, it looks like the sync was finished.

Then I enable the iCloud sync location on my iPhone and iPad DTTG. When entering my key, DTTG told me the encryption keys not the same. I am sure it is the same as when I set in my Mac cuz I set it just a few seconds ago. And when I went back to the sync option in Mac, there is a key next to the iCloud location. I checked the share location info for the encryption, it is the same.

I just don’t understand why sync becomes so difficult. I purchased the DTTG today for easy access to my databases. And I feel disappointed. I am currently in trial with DT Pro 3. I used it for almost a week and did not feel DT is better than Evernote, Onenote or even Google Drive. But as I read the tutorial, I believe it is much more powerful than the others. I just need more time to explore. Until I got stuck with the sync service…

A well-managed database saves time. But to solve the sync issue, I waste a lot of time reading the posts and trying under different networks…

Do you already use the latest releases (DEVONthink 3.0.3 and DEVONthink To Go 2.7.6)?

Yes. I used DEVONthink 3.0.2 and DENVONthink To Go 2.7.5. I will upgrade to 3.0.3 and 2.7.6. And clean the location to try the sync again.

DEVONthink To Go 2.7.6 improves the way it works in dark mode on iOS so you should now see both encryption key fields.