I’ve posted below about ongoing problem with sync being grayed out. What I first thought was an ancillary issue is now so significant that it’s worth calling out on its own
The problem looks like this:
- Enter a ton of material on Desktop #1
- Open DevonThink on Desktop #2
- Hit “sync” (after eventually getting past The Grayed Out Problem as described in this thread: sync disabled - icon grayed out)
- Watch as sync works for 30-40 items, and then hits The Freezing Problem and freezes indefinitely.
- Eventually give up waiting for it to continue, quit out, and restart DevonThink on Desktop #2.
- Watch as sync works for 30-40 items, and then freezes indefinitely
- return to step #4 and repeat until done.
So right now my DT has been sitting on this step for 5 minutes:
As soon as I quit it (per step #7), it will work for another 30-40 items and then (per Step #4) freeze again.
Help? After advice and discussion on this board, I converted from one central network location to a Sync approach. And the problems have gone from annoying to almost-unusable.