Sync: Lots of "upload verification failed" with arcane receipt file names using WebDAV

Hi,
I recently switched from using iCloud as a sync store (was using too much space on my internal drive) to pCloud unlimited, which I use via WebDAV. I have “verify uploaded items” checked as I don’t know how truly reliable this provider is.

I am getting constant “Verification of uploaded item failed” errors with very arcane “receipt” file names (alphanumeric sequences). This seems to be mostly appearing in a database containing a few large video files (0,5 to 1 Gb), and DT looks like it’s struggling uploading this one to the cloud. (It’s been running for a few days and it’s still not complete while I’m on optical fiber)

Should I be concerned, both with the syncing process and/or pCloud as a provider? Is there any troubleshooting to do? Or is it a good sign as it proves DT is making sure everything is right and I should just wait for it to do its thing?

Thank you!

I’m not familiar with pCloud but assuming that the backend is a database, then it’s possible that the database is not immediately updated after uploading a file and therefore the verification fails. E.g. this was true for Box.com, internally the sync disabled the verification in this case.

You could disable the verification first and then verify the sync store after the next successful sync/upload.

1 Like

Okay thank you, will do!
However, once my initial upload is complete, I will of course keep adding stuff to that sync store – would it be wise to turn on the verification on again, or do I run the risk of encountering the same error?
I’m not overly bothered by it by the way, I’m just cautious and want to make sure my synced data is safe.

You would probably encounter the same issue again. The worst thing that could happen is that your databases will not be synchronized.

1 Like

Okay - that does not mean any kind of data corruption then? I was under the impression that unverified uploads could get faulty and that might propagate to other Macs.

The sync uses e.g. checksums and other ways to ensure that the applied data is correct.

1 Like

Wonderful, thank you for your help and quick answer!