sync oddities

I had been taking notes in DTPO on my MacBook Pro (Mac OS 10.12.6). I have the toolbar customized to display the synchronize icon (I sync via Dropbox). Sync was occurring automatically, but then it seemed to stop; the the battery charge approached zero and I noticed that the blue dot overlay was present on the icon, yet pressing it wouldn’t initiate sync or cause the blue dot to go away. When my Mac went to sleep and I switched to working on my iPad Air 2 and initiated sync on DTG, I noticed that at least one note was missing and others were not up to date.

What could have caused this? A faulty network connection?

It certainly could be, as networks, especially WiFi, are often poor. Hard to tell without logs.

In DEVONthink To Go 2, select Help > Contact Us to start a proper Support ticket.

Even if the problem appears to be in DTPO?

Then in DEVONthink, hold the Option key and select Help > Report Bug.

Wonderful, but why would that be hidden?

It’s mentioned in the manual. Many of DEVONthink’s menu items toggle to a alternate command when the option key is held down. Pure speculation on my part, but I suspect that one of the reasons that it is an alternate command is because it sends your DEVONthink console and crash logs to support, and you might want to know that before sending the information.
Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 10.39.06 AM.png