Since the last update I have a sync problem. It goes as follows:
What I did
Created a text file on my iPad and sync it. Then I synced my Macbook and got the file on my Macbook. I modified that text file on my Macbook and synced again.
All modifications of that text file disappeared from the text file on my Macbook.
(Remark: the icon of the affected text file on my Macbook is slightly lighter than the icons of the other text files in that group that sync correctly.)
What I expected
The text file should keep the modifications and sync correctly to all devices.
This is kind of concerning to me as up to now DT syncing was rock solid.
According to @BLUEFROG DT3b6 is production stable, which made me wonder why DT3b6 wasn’t marked a release candidate and subsequently released as DT3 instead of another round of beta testing with DT3b7? But then again, I’m not on the dev team and don’t have to take the responsibility if the release ends up with a major bug.
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I understand. Deciding when you’re done can be difficult. Although notarization is certainly something you would not want to leave out, if I understand Apple’s strict policy correctly.
Anyway, I had DT3 up and running on the release day. I did not encounter any problems upon testing, and synchronization with DTTG indeed seems to be working as expecting again.
I might be one of the first to have read the release blog, as it set off a blue zone
All editions of DEVONthink 2 will work nicely also on macOS Catalina except for the OCR functionality. We have no plans (and no way to) update it to work on Catalina, we’re afraid, as the OCR is a third-party module where licensing is involved. See also my blog post: