Sync problems

Hi all,

I’ve followed the instructions, made sure my databases are not housed in Dropbox, established sync locations in Dropbox and locally…but I have 3 databases that just refuse to sync.

When I click on a database and ask it to sync with Dropbox, it starts through the motions and then stops. Nothing apparently syncs. Same if I try to sync to the second computer through a direct connection.

Help?

Thanks.

Hi all,

I’ve followed the instructions, made sure my databases are not housed in Dropbox, established sync locations in Dropbox and locally…but I have 3 databases that just refuse to sync.

When I click on a database and ask it to sync with Dropbox, it starts through the motions and then stops. Nothing apparently syncs. Same if I try to sync to the second computer through a direct connection.

Help?

Thanks.

Update: Just tried adding a Local Sync Store. Same problem. I’m using DTPO version 2.7

Firewalls are off on both machines. Same problem

Have you checked the integrity of all your databases, on all your Macs, using Tools > Verify & Repair? If any error is reported, or missing files, clean up the database, e.g., with Tools > Database Rebuild.

If you still have problems, describe the method you are using to Sync and other information that may be useful, in a Support ticket.

1. Check Window > Log.
  2. Tools > Verify & Repair (or my favorite, Tools > Rebuild Database…). Sync will not Sync an inconsistent database.

Does Menu > Window > Activity say anything?

After updating DTPO to version 2.7 sync problems arise on DTP 2.7. Its not possible anymore to sync changes back to that workstation with DTP 2.7

I’m syncing to and from a Mountain Lion Server version 10.8.5 with WebDAV with no problems before updating to version 2.7

What can I do?

Harold

Since you’ve already opened a support ticket, we’ll handle it there.

I’ve got sync problems too with DevonThink Pro.

Sync worked perfectly between my iMac and MacBook Air via Dropbox until downgrade to 2.7. Still doesn’t work properly even with the latest 2.7.1 installed.

I’m really not very technical computer-wise, so I don’t understand what is going on. :confused:

Please open a Support Ticket.