Sync with desktop?

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere - I’ve looked but can’t seem to find the right information.

I have DEVONthink 3 with one database (located in ~/Databases) on my Mac. I got DEVONthink To Go. The idea was to have all my notes from the Mac available on the iPhone. And new notes I make on the iPhone available on the Mac. This is mission critical functionality that I had in Evernote and then in OneNote. But I rather prefer DEVONthink.

Except that I can’t figure out how to share/sync the info from one to another. In DTTG, it’s quite straightforward to setup a database in iCloud. But in DT, the manual specifically states you can’t have your database in iCloud.

How the heck do you access the same information from both Mac and iPhone? I feel there’s something obvious that I’m missing. I’d appreciate any and all pointers.

Wrong; you are not putting your database in the cloud, but your sync store. The database will remain on the iOS device (as it will remain on the Mac; each device has its own copy of the database). What is in the cloud is the sync store. So you want to read the sections on sync in both manuals.

2 Likes