Sync Works for dtp2, but not dt3

Hi. I can sync with DTP2 with DTTG. However DT3 changes do not show up in DTTG.

My work-around is to sometimes open the same database in DTP2 in order to sync the work done in DT3, but that is obviously annoying.

The sync settings are the exact same ones in dt2 and 3. I can’t figure out the problem.

Thanks for your help

You should not be running DEVONthink 2 and 3 on the same account, on the same machine. At a minimum, you should delete DEVONthink 2 from the /Applications folder and reboot the machine.

I did delete it (with a heavy heart, as I still prefere many things in dt2 to dt3) and reboot. it did not solve the problem. on the contrary, now I cannot sync anything at all.

Both dt3 and dtto assure me they have synced everything, but no changes appear in neither app. They are both synced through dropbox. any suggestions? tanks

Hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.
Include a screen capture of DEVONthink’s Preferences > Sync with the sync location selected. Thanks.

(with a heavy heart, as I still prefere many things in dt2 to dt3)

It’s time to let it go :slight_smile:
PS: I had over 20,000 working hours actively using DEVONthink 2 (almost exclusively in Pro Office), so I understand the feeling. However, I can say DEVONthink 3 is really better in so many ways, that I know there’s no compelling reason to go back to 2.x.