Synced groups are empty in DEVONthink To GO

Hi everyone,

The files inside my groups are not being synced with DEVONthink To Go. I see the groups but they are all empty.
The synced groups and sub-group structure are shown, but are empty, with no files in the folders.
I found similar issue reported in this old thread back in 2013.

The sync process has been done without any issue. I also disable sync, remove DTTG, reinstall it and reenable sync, which did not work.

I am using latest version of DTTG 3 on my iPhone and DEVONthink Pro 3.8.5 on my Mac. I am using iCloud CloudKit for syncing.

Thanks,
Kourosh

• What is reported in DEVONthink’s Window > Log?
  • Is there a triangle on the sync icon in DEVONthink To Go’s bottom toolbar? If so, tap it. What is reported?

Also, do you actually ​need ​to use a remote sync option, like CloudKit?
If so, iCloud has been very unreliable in the past five months, including several outages. You may want to stop and consider whether you ​need ​a remote sync option and whether another service, e.g., Dropbox, may be a better option.

• What is reported in DEVONthink’s Window > Log?

After I verify the database it says, “Successfully verified”.

• Is there a triangle on the sync icon in DEVONthink To Go’s bottom toolbar? If so, tap it. What is reported?

No triangle on the sync icon of DTTG.

Also, do you actually ​need ​to use a remote sync option, like CloudKit?
If so, iCloud has been very unreliable in the past five months, including several outages. You may want to stop and consider whether you ​need ​a remote sync option and whether another service, e.g., Dropbox, may be a better option.

Yes, I need to use remote sync option.

I tried Dropbox and same issue persists.

Thanks,
Kourosh

So, I think I was able to pin down the problem. It has to do with search functionality of DTTG. When I access the groups from the database directly, I can see the files inside the groups. But when I search for them and access the groups from the search results the groups are empty.

I presume this only happens when you search from the database screen but works from inside a database? We have fixed exactly this issue just yesterday (no kidding).

Yes, that is correct.

Great. Is the fix already in the most recent update? Or it will be in the coming one?
I have the most recent version of DTTG and still facing this issue.

It will be in 3.5.3 and the next TestFlight build.