Synced Markdown adding {++ to links

It seems that when I synk my markdown entries with links created using extra parts get added as follows:
{++[my link](https://mylink.com)++}

What does this extra bit of code ie {++ mean? It does not seem to effect the output.

Please clarify what you’re doing and what you mean by “synk [sic] my markdown entries”.

Also, {++some text++} is CriticMarkup syntax for additions.

1 Like

Clarifying “synk” I meant synchronise with dropbox. Sorry, should have done a spell check.
I create a markdown document on one computer and then go to edit the same document on another computer it seems that the {++some text++} is added to link. Does not seem to affect the formatted version.

Documents have been created on DT 3.9.1 and 3.9.4.

Reading up on CriticMarkup, it seems that Devonthink is showing the changes that have happened with document since I last edited.

That’s an option to turn on or off in preferences, I think. At least DT doesn’t do that here.

No worries!

I create a markdown document on one computer and then go to edit the same document on another computer it seems that the {++some text++} is added to link.

You create and edit these documents in DEVONthink? You appear to be reporting something technically infeasible or the first bug report of its kind.

All documents are created within DEVONthink. Went through the same steps again and do not seem to have the same problem. Strange.

Is it possible that you e.g. accidentally used the shortcut of Format > Highlight? Another possibility is that you did not paste a link into the Markdown document but some rich text containing both linked and “highlighted” text (having a visible background color).

Probably unintentionally hit a shortcut.
Thanks for the help and discussion all.
:grinning: