Synch re-positions some Foldes and files at the top of a synch location

I have problem with TO GO where v3.6.2 and a few ealier releases after synch re-positions some Foldes and files at the top of a synch location and not in the right position. Maybe the parent-reference is corrupted?

These select folder and folder are in the correct postions on MacOs machines.

What to do? move them back?

/anders

You mean groups, not folders, I suppose. And the sort order determines in which sequence you see documents and groups. It’s not synchronised, afaik. So if sort order is by name on one device and by creation on the other, differences are to be expected.

Yes youre right, groups it is. It does not relate to sorters since I dont use them (at all) or sorting. The missplaced groups and files has become lonely childs at the top. They have escaped their ordinare places in the hierarchy, which are still OK on the Macs.

Screen captures of the database and these groups in DEVONthink and DEVONthink To Go could be helpful.

Here is one… with runaways groups and files. Only BOI is in the right place.

Check your preferences – did you select “groups on top”?

I tried to select “groups on top”, no difference. The groups and file are still runaway from their normal location /A

Specifically, what is the "normal’ location you seek? And does picking a different sort order help?

The normal location are the locations that are set in the MacOS version of DevonThink, which is synched to the IOS TOTO appl, which is in different places inside the synch location BOI and the group “BOI”.

The groups and files that has escaped on the IOS appl appears to be an random selection.

Sorry, but I can’t really understand what you are expecting. You haven’t provided the screen shots @Bluefrog requested, and I asked about changing sort order. @chrillek asked about your preferences. Not much I can do from here. Sorry.

The screenshot has been provided above in this thread. Pls have a look in the thread.
And I reported in the thread that setting sort order does not work.
And I reported in the thread that changing preferences about groups on top does not work.

/anders

Try 2:
The normal location are the locations that are set in the MacOS version of DevonThink, which is synched to the IOS TOTO appl, which is in different places inside the synch location BOI and the group “BOI”.

The groups and files that has escaped on the IOS appl appears to be an random selection.

Who’s Toto?
And it would be a lot easier if if you’d show screenshots of the situation in Mac and mobile, as well as your preference settings re placement of groups on both. I for one have difficulties understanding your prose, probably because I’m not a native speaker.

1 Like

Oki, Ill try with a different english.

Firstly, TOTO is a misspelled TO GO.

Secondly, The screenshot on a MacOS (the source for the sync) is easy to visualise. For the synch location BOI there is only one top-level group “BOI”,in which there are several sub groups.

Thirdly, I took another screenshot from another iOS TO GO device, an iPad (see below) and found other groups and file than I find on my iOS smartphone 12 TO GO.

Forthly, All the groups and files, other than the BOI top-level group should not be there. They are located in the source MacOS Devonthink inside the BOI top-level group.

The problem is that for different iOS TO GO the synch process seems to move random groups and files from the inside of BOI, up to the same levels as BOI.

Fifthly, I managed to “put back” the file “Bunge” to its right place by editing the “Bunge” file on the source Mac OS Devonthink and the resync.
The same procedure worked on the “Information Kind …” file but NOT on the “WOA Asymmetry and Balance” file.

Oops, the “BO” sync place contains two (2) top level groups “BOI” and “Writings”.

This screenshot is from the source MacOS

Today another Group X was added to one of the iOS devices 1 (i.e not to both). This is a group I have not touched since some time.

A interesting point is that on the other iOS device 2 two enclosed files A, B are moved to the top to top-level at device 2.

So now device 1 has group X at top level, and device 2 has the sub-files A, B at the top level.

I tried to rename the X, A, B to xX, xA, xB on the source MacOS. The result is that …

• on device 2 (iPad) the files top level A,B follows the renaming to xA, xB.
    but the group X which is in the correct location does not follow the renaming.

• on device 1 (iPhone) the group X (at the top level) does no follow the renaming.
    but, the top level X appears to be a copy of the correct X which is located at the correct position in the BOI hierarchy. The correct X is no named xX with two file xA, xB.

I cannot find any pattern in this behaviour.
/A

Hold the Option key, and choose Help > Report Bug to start a support ticket.

I have submitted a bug report since the problem remains even after I deleted the local database and added a new sync.