I have searched but I do not see my issue. I am running DevonThink on my home and office computer (not spending much time at the latter these days because. . .Covid). I have DTTG on my iPhone and iPad. I don’t really need it on my phone but that’s the only that’s accurate–what I think should be there in the folder (group) it should be in. I’m synching via iCloud. I’m sure this is a basic issue for many of you but I would appreciate some suggestions.
And what is your question?
What could be the issue in keeping all devices in sync? They’re matching now but I ‘lost’ a few articles in one group. I want to get past the top layer of using the app but have to be able to rely on it.
It is quite possible iCloud has stalled - a condition over which we have no control, nor can we even detect it. We can’t reproduce this issue, and some have said it “just started working!”
Here are a few things people have said “worked” , though we obviously can’t test it since we can’t reproduce it. I would try them individually, starting with the simplest…
- Reboot the problematic device(s).
- In DEVONthink’s Preferences > Sync , disable the iCloud location and quit the application. Relaunch DEVONthink and re-enable the sync location again.
- In iOS’ Settings > your Apple ID > iCloud, try disabling and re-enabling iCloud Drive and DEVONthink.
- In iOS’ Settings > your Apple ID, sign out of iCloud and sign back in.
- In macOS’ System Preferences > Apple ID > Overview, sign out and back in.