Syncing Global Inbox?

I might be expecting too much, but I’m keen to have the Global Inbox on both my iMac and MacBook running DEVONthink 3 to be synched auto-magically. But they aren’t. I’m heading for a long flight in a few days and I thought while travelling I would clean up the Global Inboxes and other documents in my libraries while in the air.

Situation:

: On iMac in Globals/Inboxes/Inbox there are 211 items. On MacBook in Globals/Inboxes/Inbox there are 31 different items. My expectations and wish is that both would have the same set of items after a sync.
: On both machines I have 10 databases that are synching correctly, including their Inboxes (far as i can tell). using Dropbox for syncing (not sure that matters here, but mentioning it anyway).
: In Preferences/Synch for the one sync location where all database are set to sync, “Inbox” is checked “On”. both machines report a successful “last synchronization” but after synching the contents are different. I was expected that they would be same.
: On both machines the Database properties show that the location is "‎⁨Macintosh HD⁩ ▸ ⁨Users⁩ ▸ ⁨rmschne⁩ ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Application Support⁩ ▸ ⁨DEVONthink 3 ▸ Inbox.dtBase2⁩

I have reviewed the documentation and help and can’t find the guidance to help me. May be there, but haven’t yet spotted it.

This could be a sporadic Dropbox issue.

On the problematic machine, hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.

Thanks. Done.

Problem resolved with BLUEFROG’s fantastic assistance. Simply “clean” the (Global) Inbox “database” via commands in the Menu: Preferences/Sync dialogue box. Hopefully this helps others remember this important function. I should have remembered but didn’t.

–rms

2 Likes

Oh please. What does “clean” mean EXACTLY?!

PREFERENCES IN MAC? or To Go? Screenshot please or more precise verbal instructions.

I don”t see any “clean” choice in preferences In either version. Is this a metaphor for some other actual procedure needed?

I am using Cloudkit.

Your original problem is close to mine though I don"t get ANY “Last sync” for the Global Inbox on any of my installations. No incorrectly synced Global Inboxes: Just not synced at all.

Just the same error re an “invalid encryption key” (every time a sync is attempted manually or automatically) but ONLY for the Global inboxes and NOT for my individual databases, which DO sync.

Confused…

Please re-read the relevant sections of the terrific DEVONthink Handbook (same text in Help). I do not intend to repeat all that here.

Done. Solved. Up all night not at computer, working remote. Will post the specifics for others asap.