Syncing

I am new to the forum, so if my questions or comments are redundant, my apologies.
I have read most of the questions concerning syncing and they seem to apply specifically to Devonthink To Go. I am specifically interested in syncing Devonthink Pro Office data between a desktop Mac and a MacBook - currently I am doing this manually. Of course I could use DropBox (requiring an additional fee since my data is several GBs); however, with a free iCloud account available to all Mac users, it would seem that iCloud integration “out of the box” would be a reasonable expectation for Mac Devon products. Is there any information available regarding iCloud syncing for Devon products? Thanks

Hmm, my preference would be DropBox, and for similar reasons.

1. I don’t like to pay for basic features for which I have to pay a recurring fee. I therefore didn’t have the Apple service before iCloud. (The name of which eludes me at the moment.)
  2. I have a MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone. With those hooked up to the cloud (and particularily if you have backup on, you can easily blow through 5G. Been there, done that, what a nightmare. I escaped without having to upgrade.

DropBox is an excellent second choice, it has a finder-like organization, and it is not used natively by Apple products.

You might want to look at file synchrony, and if you don’t mind getting your hands greasy, you might start with cron. There are other more gui-friendly options. A quick search at MacUpdate might be a start.

Hmm, my preference would be DropBox, and for similar reasons.

1. I don’t like to pay for basic features for which I have to pay a recurring fee. I therefore didn’t have the Apple service before iCloud. (The name of which eludes me at the moment.)
  2. I have a MacBook Pro, iPad and iPhone. With those hooked up to the cloud (and particularily if you have backup on, you can easily blow through 5G. Been there, done that, what a nightmare. I escaped without having to upgrade.

DropBox is an excellent second choice, it has a finder-like organization, and it is not used natively by Apple products.

You might want to look at file synchrony, and if you don’t mind getting your hands greasy, you might start with cron. There are other more gui-friendly options. A quick search at MacUpdate might be a start.

Hi,

There is, in fact, syncing for DTP in the works. Please see this thread:

and particularly this post:

and this post:

Cheers,
Tom S.

Thanks for the replies and info. I am happy to see that syncing between Macs is in the works.