Tab order and visibility

Thank you so much, DT team, for the ability to re-order tabs in the document window. If I’m not mistaken this was not possible until recently (v3.8 perhaps?), and it’s just so useful. And apologies if I’ve missed any recent discussion here.

There are a couple of tweaks I think would be useful. First, it seems that “Select Next Tab” and “Select Previous Tab” continue to refer to tabs in their original order, so its behaviour is a bit weird if you have dragged the tabs to new positions.

Second is something that’s probably related to my fading eyesight: the visual contrast between the active tab and the others is low. The colour of the inactive tabs is fine, but I suggest that the active tab should be a bit lighter. Safari’s approach, which I think works fine*, is to blend the active tab into the toolbar above.

• Of course this is after I’ve turned off Safari’s “background colour” option or whatever it’s called. Pretty, but not one of Apple’s better UI decisions, I think.

You’re welcome and yes, dragging to reorder tabs was introduced in 3.8.

First, it seems that “Select Next Tab” and “Select Previous Tab” continue to refer to tabs in their original order, so its behaviour is a bit weird if you have dragged the tabs to new positions.

Confirmed and thanks for reporting that. :slight_smile:

And fixed.

1 Like

Thank you Santa! :santa:t2:

You’re welcome. But while my hair might be similar, my weight definitely isn’t :joy:

1 Like