Tag aliases disappear when moving document from database 1 to database 2 w/ same tag

this is a random but problematic bug for me, someone who uses tags liberally. let’s say both database 1 and database 2 have a tag called “DT.” in database 1, tag “DT” has the alias “tag 2”. In database 2, tag “DT” has the alias “tag 3”. if i drag a document tagged with DT from database 1 to database 2, alias tag 2 disappears. The tag now only has the alias tag 3. Would there be a way to combine aliases of tags when you bring a document tagged DT from database 1 to database 2? like could it be that the tag DT now has two aliases, tag 2 and tag 3?

this may seem random, but plays out fairly often for me, because of the different topics i cover which use lots of different terms, and i add them in a adhoc basis in different databases. if this is not possible, do you have any suggestions of what WOULD be possible to address this problem?

If the same tag exists already in the destination database, then it’s used while moving (but not modified in any way). Only if the tag does not yet exist in the destination database DEVONthink will copy the tag and its attributes. But the next release will improve this and merge the aliases.

2 Likes