Tag autocompletion when capturing on the web

I would like to add tags when using Safari DT clip extension to speed up later organization of downloaded webpages.

Now the issue is that I usually keep my databases closed and have only my Inbox db open all the time; this way I loose the autocompletion of tags present in the closed db’s.

Here’s my feature request: is it possible for the Inbox to keep an “cache/index” of all the tags of my databases so that autocompletion is available for all of them? Every time you open a db, DT will sync the “index”.

In the meantime, in case someone else has the same issue, that’s the kludge I’m using:

1. For each one of my databases I create a dummy file and I add to it all the tags present in that database.
    That is done using the following script (I just made a few tests on it so use it carefully):

-- Based on DT script: Add tags to selection
-- Created by Christian Grunenberg on Mon Aug 29 2011.
-- Copyright (c) 2009-2011. All rights reserved.

-- Modified by: johseb
-- Rev0 2014-02-18

tell application id "com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2"
	try
		set theselection to the selection
		if theselection is {} then error "Please select a file."
		if (count of theselection) is not 1 then
			display dialog "Select only 1 file, please." buttons {"Cancel"} default button 1 with icon 2
		else
			set TagList to ""
			repeat with aTag in children of tags group of current database
				set TagList to TagList & ";" & name of aTag
			end repeat

set {od, AppleScript's text item delimiters} to {AppleScript's text item delimiters, ";"}
			set theTags to text items of TagList
			repeat with theRecord in theselection
				set tags of theRecord to theTags
			end repeat
			set AppleScript's text item delimiters to od
		end if

on error error_message number error_number
		if the error_number is not -128 then display alert "DEVONthink Pro" message error_message as warning
	end try
end tell

1. I put a copy of all the dummy files inside my Inbox. So doing Inbox will inherit all the tags of all my databases and autocompletion works for all of them.

Of course every time you add a tag to a database you have to run again the script and copy the dummy file and that’s the reason I’m asking for an automated procedure managed by DT.
I also noticed that tags are duplicated when using the sorter “Take note” (which I don’t use that much) while there’s only one instance using the clip extension.

Thanks.

Is that a bug report? You might want to send it directly to Support so it doesn’t get lost in this thread.

It could be. As I wrote, I haven’t used the “Take note” functionality of the sorter since long ago and just checked today to see the effect of my tag kludge.

It seems that if I create a dummy Tag collector document and leave open the DB from which I generate the dummy file, tags are duplicated in the sorter “Take note”.
The tags (inside dummy vs DB) are absolutely identical.
If I close the DB, duplication disappears.

Have you ever seen the issue on your system?

Just checked. I do see what appears to be duplicate tags in Sorter > Take Note, but on the other hand Sorter > Take Note doesn’t seem to find all the available tags for a given database either. Without a controlled test, I’m not sure what’s going on with that. (Have no time now to test further.)

Thanks korm.
I’ll drop a line to the guys at DEVONtech.