Tagging/comments prompt?

I love the “Take Plain Note” and “Take Rich Note” features via Apple Services. I use them all the time to collect web clippings.

Does anyone know if there’s any way to modify these services so that they will prompt me (via a dialogue box) to enter comments (i.e. tags) for the clipping? I’d like to be able to add tags in the comment line at the same time that I select the clipping, rather than having to go back into Devon Think and add comments by hand. This would save me a lot of time and would parallel my habit of entering tags on the fly with sites like del.icio.us.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to set up a script to grab a particular line of a document and copy it to the comments field? I have no experience with Apple Script, so any tips/pointers would be greatly appreciated.

I ask because I export my notes from a text based note system. I have my export set up so that the tags occupy the 3rd line of each notes entry. Each notes entry is a single file. I would love it if I could tell DevonThink to copy the third line of each notes file and put it in the comments field.

Thanks for your help!

Yeah. That should be possible. If your document is something like this:

My Document
by Kalisphoenix
[[Tag:In a World of its Own]]
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

then you should be able to do something like this:

tell application "DEVONthink Pro"
	set OldDelims to AppleScript's text item delimiters
	set AppleScript's text item delimiters to ASCII character 13
	set CopiedSource to the clipboard as string
	set theSource to the text items of CopiedSource
	set SourceTitle to text item 1 of theSource
	set SourceTag to text item 3 of theSource
	set AppleScript's text item delimiters to SourceTag
	set theSource to the text items of CopiedSource
	set SourceText to text item 2 of theSource
	create record with {name:SourceTitle, type:txt, plain text:SourceText, comment:SourceTag}
	set AppleScript's text item delimiters to OldDelims
end tell

That’ll work. If you need any help with the script or an explanation, just ask and I’ll tell you all you need to know.

Like mdl, I do a lot of clipping from my browser into DTP (via the “add webarchive to DT” script") and would love a pop-up dialogue box enabling me to enter comments/tags right then and there, rather than doing it later. Does such a script exist? I’ve seen similar requests in other threads but haven’t been able to find a reply … thx!