Tags are not correct in DTTG (iPhone and iPad)

Problem:

• in DTTG not all tags are listed for a document
  • search for a tag does not return a document tagged with that tag

Description:

Behaviour in DEVONthink

I am organizing my documents in DEVONthink Pro (iMac) with hierarchically structured tags. E.g. I have a tag “Auerbach” for the German 19th century author Berthold Auerbach. The complete tag hierarchy for the tag is: Literatur → Deutschsprachige Literatur → Deutsche Literatur → Auerbach, as pictured here:

If I enter the tag “Auerbach” to a document all tags in the hierarchy are set and displayed correctly:

Also a search for “tag:Auerbach” returns the expected result.

Behaviour in DTTG

In DTTG only the tag “Literatur” (highest hierarchy) is listed in the document’s inspector:

If I browse the tags in DTTG the document is actually displayed in the correct tag hierarchy, but when I search for “tags:Auerbach” the search result is empty.

It looks like this behaviour is identical to all documents when hierarchical tags are used.

All databases were synchronised successfully (Bonjour)

DEVONthink version 3.9.2
DEVONthink To Go version 3.7.3
MacOS version Ventura 13.4.1
iOS version 16.5.1

Thanks for the report!
I am not seeing this issue in the next maintenance release.

I wrote in my bug report:

It looks like this behaviour is identical to all documents when hierarchical tags are used.

I have now checked a few more documents and it rather looks like some documents are tagged correctly.

By now I deleted the local copy of the database from DTTG and let it synchronize again. I will let you know if the strange behaviour still exists when synchronization is finished. Will take some time (about 48000 docs).

Edit: After I‘ve reattached and synchronized the database the problems originally described in my bug report are still there.