Tags are not visible in Tags Section

I have documents which have automatically assigned tags based on their group membership but those tags are not shown under the tag section in Global. If I search for “tag:tagname” I see the resulting documents. Any hints.

DEVONthink 3.6.1
macOS 11.1

Welcome @thomas.krampe

Group tags aren’t listed in the Tags group for a database.

You could tag the parent group and enable File > Database Properties > Inherit Tags of Groups.

Sorry for bumping the thread but I found this via google which means others may find this useful:

Is there a way for the list of tags to show all items under the group, but don’t render the group itself?

The issue I’m running into is I have a group for example called “Taxes”, and a tag called “Taxes”.
So in my list of tags, I have “Taxes” whose only children is the group “Taxes”, followed by the items of interest.

If I understand what you’re asking, I think what I’d do is turn off “exclude groups from tagging”, dispense with the tag called Taxes, and just go with a group called Taxes. You would have all your tag functionality, although you wouldn’t see Taxes in tags - it would be with the groups.

The benefit to this is you can have documents that are tagged as Taxes without them needing to be anywhere else. You can use the Taxes group like a normal group and it also functions as a tag.

Once you turn off the “exclude” feature, you can right click on any group and individually include or exclude it from tagging.

Documents that are tagged with Taxes but not created in that group will appear in Taxes as replicants.

You might also look at using a smart group instead of a tag, or in conjunction with tags.