Tags in DTGO?

I’m experimenting with DTGO and cannot figure out how to search or filter for items that have certain tags. Is there a way to do this?

In DEVONthink To Go v1 there are no search and filter options for tags yet. Version 2.0 however treats tags a lot better than in v1. We cannot reveal how exactly it will look like but there will be a way to search for or filter by tags.

That’s great news about version 2! As far as the tags are concerned (and search in general), I’d recommend that the OP flag or label items, and then sort showing only the flagged or labeled items. This can help.

Personally, I use YYMMDD + keyword titles, so the keywords in the titles essentially function the same way as tags. This approach has been great, especially on the desktop, but it isn’t perfect in iOS.

Regarding version 2, I really hope there will be a view that shows more than a tiny portion of the titles, because the weakness with my system is that it requires a lot of trial and error to find the right item. When the titles are truncated to just a few characters, it kind of makes the titles meaningless, right? I know this is the way the iOS apps (like Mail) are conventionally designed, but there are many apps that overcome the limitation (using different views) and I hope that DEVONthink will be one of them. Some examples would be Evernote (although the home screen is almost useless on the current app) or notesy.