Tags no longer appended to files?

I was using DT to manage a large database of local files and systematically tag them.

I just opened up the app for the first time in a few months. The database is still fully intact, the tags still exist, but suddenly none of them are actually appended to the files anymore? (In other words, I’ve got a big taglist but none of them are attached to anything.)

What could have caused this to happen? Is there a way to recover this information somehow?

Please provide more evidence of what you’re describing, i.e., illustrative screen captures.
If you don’t care to share these publicly, hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket. Please attach full-resolution screen captures so we can discern detail in them.

Yes, sure.

Here’s the database that I’ve had for at least 3-4 months now:

And here’s a screenshot from the list of tags. (I’ve redacted a few of the more personal ones.)

As you can see, I’ve created 208 tags in total but only a handful (ie. ones I added yesterday) are linked to files anymore. The rest show up in the tags database but are no longer appended to any items…

Open a support ticket.