Take Rich Note glitch 1.9a

I have a glitch when doing a “Take Rich Note” from Safari with the following scenario.

I have two pages open in Safari - A and B
DevonThink is not open

If I do a “Take Rich Note” from the front Safari Page A , and then switch page B to frontmost, Devon Think will capture the correct page content for A, but the URL will be from page B.

I’m not sure what the solution is for this. For now, I wait until DevonThink is active before switching pages in Safari. After DevonThink is open, then the capture of page and URL works as expected appears to work ok. Also this behavior occurs in Omniweb.

Brian, Christian,

this is a problem similar to one I reported as a bug: In my case, DT did not capture the URL, but the page, like with you, from Safari and DT. It certainly is a bug, DT handling RTnotes when not open.

Maria

That’s a technical limitation - as no browser delivers URLs to services, DT uses AppleScript internally to access the URL of the frontmost (!) window.

“That’s a technical limitation - as no browser delivers URLs to services, DT uses AppleScript internally to access the URL of the frontmost (!) window.”

This is good to know. I’ll slow down a bit even if Devonthink is active. I’ll start watching for the bounce in the dock to stop.

I use the “Take Rich Note” quite a bit.