The PDF viewer’s thumbnail bar should be able to be disabled

I read 1-2 thousand pages of academic material a month using DTTG and find a great deal of value in your app. Thank you for making it. The highlight and note annotations I make on the iPad are available to me in the desktop version, etc, and save me many hours of time as well as making possible a research modality that is truly revolutionary. it is nearly perfect.

However on my iPad Pro 11 I am constantly accidentally hitting the thumbnail bar when switching apps or pulling up the dock or just by accident while reading. This results in my losing my place in the document I am reading and can often cause me to have to spend several minutes finding my way back.

In my view this should never happen by accident.

I have never once used the thumbnail bar to any positive effect… it is too course a navigation interface. The thumbnail view available in the top bar is far better. It is far too easy to activate the thumbnail bar and the result of accidentally touching it is… awful!

I propose that you make the thumbnail bar disable-able via the settings menu, and consider disabling by default. Doing this would easily save me hours a month and eliminate the only downside to my most used and favorite application. All best.

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion. We’ll evaluate it.

I agree. Very irritating to have to press extra to remove the thumbnail bar before switching to another or swiping. It happens about every second time when changing to another app that the bar is pressed and Ihave to find my way back to the former pdf page (@#&*). I spend about 2 hours reading pdf on DTG on my Ipad mini 6 every day, and this happens quite often, even if a am a pro reader and annotator.
As the pdf reader is an essential part of the app, you ought to look into this!

Welcome @Kyrre

This is something under consideration but I can’t make any promises.

Thank you for my nr 1 program!
Now even better with the possibility to turn off the ”Show quick navigation”!
:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

Kudos go to @eboehnisch but thanks for the nice comments!

1 Like