Things 3 Quick Entry with Autofill in DT3

Unckeck Things helper on settings on things then re dl the helper

Or you might be confusing similar keyshorcut for quick entry vs quick entry auto fill in any application

I did that multiple times, never helped.

Certainly not.

Thanks @Hens

I’ve done those things already, but appreciate the input.

As I’ve noted above, this odd behaviour is localised to the DT Global Inbox. Things 3 Autofill Capture works everywhere else in DT3 as expected EXCEPT the global inbox. What’s odd is that on another Mac where I have the same OS and DT 3 and Things 3 it WILL work on the global inbox.

I cannot decipher what’s preventing this from working on my home Mac.

It interrupts my workflow because I tend to throw things into the DT inbox then work through them to capture actions in Things 3.

If anyone on this thread has any other thoughts I am all ears!

delete things and reinstall. If it isn’t much of a hassle delete DevonThink too then reinstall. preferably do this for both apps at the same time.

In the end, the only choice I had was to do a delete/install of Devonthink (which I had hoped to avoid) - which solved the problem. It’s still unclear why the issue arose, but I had exhausted all other options (including looking at the permissions on the folder the Global Inbox lives in, looking at permissions on the Inbox itself etc.).

So, I’ve fixed the problem, but haven’t solved the crime(!).

Thank you everyone for your input.